“Digineer delivered with a purpose! Their work related to our RQR initiative was fantastic. They thought creatively and quickly implemented a process that increased the quality of a critical portfolio of work. With minimal direction, the Digineer team helped ensure our business partners, clients and members were receiving the best possible experience as a result of our project delivery.“
– Director, IT Government Programs
CLIENT & SITUATION
As one of the nation’s biggest Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) companies, this Fortune 25 organization manages a large and dynamic portfolio of active and pre-active projects within a fast-paced and complex release schedule. Being able to articulate and capture requirements throughout the entire project lifecycle and across a diverse team of internal stakeholders, contractors, and implementation partners represents a strategic way to deliver superior project outcomes.
Recognizing the value of improved requirements management, the Client commissioned an innovative internal initiative to adopt a more systematic and rigorous process to the quality of their system requirements.
The goal was to drive higher requirement quality and reduce costly re-work associated with weak or unclear requirements to deliver better project outcomes.
Digineer led a team that established baseline measures and a repeatable, qualitative approach to promote the creation of clear and consistent requirements, while formally devising and documenting guidance and standards around a metrics-based scoring framework for:
- Generating an aggregate project grade representing level of alignment to the established quality criteria expectations.
- Assigning an overall “consistency” rating to gauge the level of conformity and frequency in meeting the desired requirements criteria – around such things as: complexity, completeness, clarity, testability, proper format and traceability.
- Identify and execute training opportunities in areas trending with common mistakes and the highest amount of improvement needs.
The Requirements Quality Review (RQR) was formally adopted as an enterprise-level checkpoint within the Client and delivered:
- Established early/leading indicators and baselines for overall project risk related to requirements.
- A 40+ percent increase in the quality of project requirements within two months – based on criteria established in partnership with client stakeholders.
- Demonstrably fewer defects, improved business partner satisfaction and more predictable project timelines.
- Conservative estimates for bottom-line savings connected with the RQR initiative ranged from $5-14M per year.